Thursday, June 11, 2009

Payton Ashley Hammitt has arrived!

Ok, I am so sorry for the delay but I forgot how much a baby takes out of you not to mention having two other kids. PHEW! Payton is doing really well, she is absoultly perfect and everyone is just in love with her.
Payton Ashley Hammitt was born on May 29th @ 10:50pm, she weighed in at 7lbs 5oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. Payton has tons of hair, her fingers & toes are really long and she has the perfect little button nose. Thank you to Debbie & Craig (mom & dad) for being there the whole time! Also a huge thank you to everyone who visited us in the hospital & brought us gifts & sent us flowers.
NOW... about the delivery!!! Jeff and I went to the hospital to be induced at 2:30pm. They started the pitocin at about 3:45-4:00, I was doing perfectly fine so like the idiot I am I told them to crank up the dosage and get me my epidural so that I don't have to be in pain for too long.....well...that was a mistake! I was dealing with the contractions well and they got my epidural in at 5:30pm. I though, piece of cake,...then the contractions came on STRONG & I was getting NO relief from this epidural....long story short epidural was not in & I was having contractions every minuet without even a second to breath, after the nurse finally got the anethesialogist back in at 8:30pm to fix it I was exhausted and miserable just to have him fiddle around with it only to say...."I am sorry but we are just going to have to pull it out & put a new one it!" I could have killed him but didn't have the energy to do anything but cry. He got the new epidural in pretty easily & gave me a HUGE dose of medicine to put me at ease since he screwed up the first time! at 9:45 I was finally ok and the medicine was working, nurse checked me & I was at a 8. She said relax & try to rest. I closed my eyes, then though hum...I am feeling a lot of pressure so I let her know she checked me and sure enough...push time! it was 10:30 when she checked me & Payton was here at 10:50 so it was quick once that epidural was in. My doctor believes that I was fighting my body dilating because I was in so much pain, all I can say was thank GOD for epidurals (when they are in right). Well, there you go the whole story & we will keep you updated with new pictures as often as possible.




3 comments:

The Gies family said...

Congrats Hammitt family!! She's beautiful! Take care, and keep the pics coming :)

amyjohnson said...

She's beautiful! You better let us know when you're headed this way so we can meet her.

The Cole Family said...

lovin' all that hair! glad to hear everything went well and that you are all enjoying the new addition! :)